POLICY OF RESPECT / CODE OF CONDUCT
1. It is a privilege, not a right, for any swimmer and parent to participate in the NSBC/KIDS Swimming program.
2. Our children learn from our example, and we as parents need to exemplify the highest level of sportsmanship: Swimmers and parents are to be supportive of everyone at all times (both in and out of the pool.) Bullying, harassment, intimidation, negative attitudes or any behavior deemed disrespectful to others, the team, the parents or the coaching staff (name calling, derogatory comments, racial innuendos, rumors, slander, and/or disparaging comments) will not be tolerated.
3. Violence, lying, stealing, and vandalism are not tolerated at any time by swimmer or parent. Such infractions could result in dismissal from the program.
4. No language, motions, or innuendoes of a sexual nature will be tolerated. Such infractions could result in dismissal from the program.
5. Use of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Kik, or any other social media outlet for the purpose of abusing, embarrassing or bullying teammates, parents, coaches, the team or other teams will not be tolerated and may be cause for immediate dismissal from the program.
6. Swimmers and parents shall refrain from expressing their anger towards coaches, swimmers, volunteers and spectators at any pool through public displays or via e-mail, letter, and/or phone calls.
7. Negativity is not acceptable; swimmers and parents will express any concerns through the proper channels in a respectful and constructive manner.
1. Swimmers should plan on being at the pool for practice 10 minutes prior to the scheduled start of practice. This time should be used to stretch before entering the water as to avoid injuries.
2. Swimmers should participate in every practice, for the entire practice. Parents are to notify the head coach, via email or text of meets being missed.
3. Swimmers are not to intercept or impede any other swimmer from fulfilling their practice.
4. Swimmers are not to run, push, or engage in horseplay of any kind. Swimmers may not lay hands on another person in any way, except as stated by coaches, to convey passing during in water training or assistance in dry land training. Any swimmer in violation of this rule may be suspended immediately.
5. No picture taking devices of any kind may be taken into the locker room area. All devices must be laid in the basket on the bleachers/bench before entering the locker rooms and retrieved at the end of practice. Violation of this will be cause for immediate dismissal from the program and you will be turned over to the proper authorities for further action.
6. All Northampton School District policies, especially policy 249.1, must be adhered to at all times. Any swimmer or parent who chooses not to follow the above Rules and Regulations of the KIDS Swim Club/NSBC, will be subject to disciplinary action. Disciplinary actions are set as a level system. However, the NSBC Board of Directors has the right to adjust disciplinary actions depending on the severity of the infraction.
No refunds will be issued after the start of the session, except in cases of illness, injury or relocation.